Back to History Index

 


Oxford Diocesan Archives

 

Documents relating to Diocesan Business and our parish are lodged in a parish box at the

Oxfordshire History Centre
Cultural Services
St Luke's Church
Temple Road
Cowley
Oxford
OX4 2HT

Tel 01865 398200

www.oxfordshire.gov.uk

The parish of St. Leonard's, Chesham Bois is in the Archdeaconry of Buckingham and the Diocese of Oxford


Our parish box contains the following information

 

 

C 1390/1 Presentations
  1868, 1892, 1906, 1923, 1945, 1964, 1972
   
C 1390/1 (1878 - 2000) Faculties
  1878, 1908, 1911, 1913, 1920, 1924, 1939
  1943 (Archdeacon's Certificate), April 1945, September 1945
  1946, 1949, 1952, 1953, 1960, 1967, 1968, 1971, 1975
  1977(AC), 1978(AC), 1979, 1979(AC), 1989, 1990(3, 2AC)
  1991(AC), 1993, 1995, 1997
   
C 1390/2 (2001 - ) Faculties
  2000,2004
   
C 1391 Consecrations
  1860 (with conveyance), 1926 (burial ground)
   
C 1391 Grants from Ecclesiastical Commissioners
  1879
   
C 1391 Other Papers
  1873 Papers relating to a proposed exchange of patronage of Chesham and Chesham Bois (belonging to the Duke of Bedford) for Steppingly and Millbrook (Beds.) (belonging to the Crown)
   
 

Not Dated. Plan showing positions of glebe, apparently connected with proposed railway line.

   
  1930 Table of fees.
   
  1931 Correspondence concerning a proposed exchange of land adjoining the churchyard, with 1933 a conveyance of it.
   
  1937 Correspondence relating to a sale of a portion of glebe as a site for a church hall
   
  1937-8 Papers relating to a sale of a portion of glebe as a site for a church hall to Board of Finance
   
  1988 NADFAS Record of Church Furnishings
   
  1994 Licence for Divine Service - The Elangeni County Middle School
   
  AC = Archdeacon's Certificate